Please sign in to post.

Capri

OK, what is everyone's take on Capri? Worth it or not?? Don't have much time, have a choice of 1.Capri, sorrento and Pompeii OR 2. amalfi drive and pompeii, OR 3. amalfi drive and sorrento??

Posted by
1056 posts

Capri not worth the time or money. I'd do the amalfi drive and either pompeii or sorrento. Pompeii is impressive but the majority of mosaics and artifacts from the town were taken to the museum in Naples, so it's often difficult to picture the town as it once was. My money would be on Sorrento, with Pompeii as a close second.

Posted by
1127 posts

Anacapri is worth a look. If you have a car skip Pompeii and visit Herculeneum (sp?). It is much quieter than Pompeii.

Posted by
390 posts

Capri isn't worth the time, however Amalfi and Positano are absolutely stunning. Sorrento was nice, but I enjoyed seeing Pompei more. I would say Amalfi Coast and Pompeii/Herculenaeum

Posted by
9420 posts

I agree, Capri not worth the time or money. We absolutely love Sorrento, our favorite place in all of Italy. My #1 choice: Sorrento #2 choice: boat from Sorrento to Positano and back (much more relaxing than driving the coast road) #3 choice: Pompeii (which we also LOVED).

Posted by
3551 posts

3 is my vote for those short on time. I have done them all and enjoyed it but you need time. do not rush this wonderful area.

Posted by
689 posts

I would say #3. Stay in Sorrento and ferry to the Amalifi coast - Positano and Amalfi Town are great.