Please sign in to post.

Capri

Staying in Positano want to see Capri and shorten to what would be the best way. I was think a ferry from Positano
To Capri then a ferry from there to sore to than a bus back to Positano Any thoughts

Posted by
282 posts

The direct ferry from Positano to Capri and back - depending on the time of year you are traveling.

Posted by
15166 posts

There is a company that organizes daily boat excursions from Positano down at the beach/harbor. Years ago I took it from there and I liked it. Ask the local restaurants on the shore, they'll direct you to the right place. I'm not sure there is a regular ferry from Positano. You may need to go to Sorrento for that.

Posted by
2876 posts

Like ekc said, there are direct ferries back and forth between Positano & Capri during the high season, which is roughly mid-May to mid-October. Just go down to the ticket booths on the Positano beachfront & you'll find them. No need to return via Sorrento unless you want to.

Posted by
15166 posts

Apparently I was able to find something from Positano to Capri. It is probably only for summer though. Departs from Positano at 10:00 (70 min). the Return departs Capri at 16:25 back to Positano then Salerno. The cost is Euro 14.50 (I presume one way). These are for summer 2012, next year I don't know.
Of course there might be more choices from Sorrento. http://www.salernotoday.it/guida/trasporti/trasporto-navale/orario-traghetti-salerno-amalfi-positano-capri-1-aprile-2012.html

Posted by
32206 posts

Chris, I took the trip from Positano to Capri when I was last in that area, and it's very easy. The boat is not a "Ferry" in the usual sense (no cars are carried), but rather a passenger boat. You'll need to go down to the beach and then stay on the right side to go out on the concrete jetty. You'll pass by ticket booths on the way. When you buy your ticket, be sure to note the time of the last boat returning from Capri. You can somewhat see the arrangement by having a look at These Webcams (during daylight hours of course - it's dark at the moment). I can't remember the exact length of the trip, but as I recall it was about an hour. I believe the cost is about €18 each way. You'll arrive at Marina Grande, and you'll then have to buy a ticket on the Funicular to get up to the main part of town. Trying to get on the Funicular back to Marina Grande in the late afternoon can be a bit of a challenge, as it will be packed. If you find that to be the case, take one of the open-top Taxi's. It' a pleasant ride and you'll avoid the crowds. Happy travels!