Please sign in to post.

Cancelling Coop Culture Colosseum tour

Has anybody successfully cancelled Coop Culture tickets for a refund? Their website states that refunds are only issued under exceptional circumstances, and one would think a worldwide pandemic would qualify (sadly, we've had to scrap our Italy trip for this May). I haven't received responses to any of my email inquiries to them. Maybe they're just swamped with refund requests right now?
Thanks for any input.

Posted by
15837 posts

Hi - while you are waiting for someone's firsthand experience....
Did you see the requirements/process for requesting a refund, which appears to be issued in the forum of a voucher for a future visit?

https://voucher.coopculture.it

Note that they're currently only issuing vouchers for tickets/tours booked for before April 13th, which is the current expiration date of the government lockdown. As the document states:

"The voucher request for periods after the 13rd of April is linked to the extension of these containment measures, and will be possible as soon as the relevant measures are formalized."

So if your tour was on or after April 13th, hang tight until a shutdown extension is or is not announced (I'm pretty sure it will be extended.)

Posted by
759 posts

OP- I’ll be the bearer of the bad news. Your simply not going to get a cash refund. At best, if the Italian Govt continues the shut down date to cover your tour date, you will qualify for a voucher to be used on a future tour date. The Italian Govt is fighting to save some of their businesses and have authorized vouchers instead of cash refunds. It is not your choice, but the businesses.