Please sign in to post.

Can't book train on Trenitalia June 11, 2015

Does anyone know if there is a issue with Trenitalia website? I've been trying to book a ticket but although I can see the schedule, I can't choose any train. I'm hoping this is only temporary. I'm was looking to book from Milano Centrale to Massa Cento on June 26, 2016 on a Frecce or Intercity train. Thanks for any insight you could give me. Ciao, Ann

Posted by
16893 posts

It's looking normal to me. When you get schedule results for your date, the link does not really say "select," but you click on the price. Base fare is what's for sale, so no discount for booking now, although you could go ahead to lock in either 1st or 2nd class.

Posted by
20174 posts

Click on the small white cross below the price (I'm seeing 31.50 euro for the 8:10 am IC train)and the pricing options will pop up for 1st or 2nd class. I see the problem. The English version is not working, but you get it if you use the Italian version. Engage google translate if you are uncomfortable with the Italian version, but it should be fairly evident: name, email, credit card info.

Posted by
370 posts

Hello baggyjo, are you attempting to book for June 2016? That is too far out, even for the fast (reserved) tickets. To see the schedule, put in a date that is <90 days out and you can get a great idea of the train times.