Please sign in to post.

Campania Artecard

Hello, all. A friend and I are planning to spend three nights in Sorrento in mid-May and hope to visit Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Paestum. I have read about the Campania Artecard, which (as I understand it) would give us free trips on the Circumvesuviana system for three days, two sites free, and a discount on all other sites.

I also read somewhere that the student card (we are under 25) gives free access to all participating sites. However, I couldn't find any reputable site that wasn't completely in Italian to confirm this information.

Anybody know about the student version? Seems too good to be true...

Posted by
11 posts

Hi Laura,

It looks like you are correct that the Youth version of the card offers free admission to all sites. Visit the English version of the official Card website at www.campaniaartecard.it/EN/Home.cfm and click on "Cards," "3 Days Region." In the description, it says, "young version admission is free in all sites." What a great deal!!

Maybe someone can confirm for me: does the 3-day region card (Adult version) cover ALL area transport? I could only find the UnicoNapoli site in Italian, & it looks like all area metro, trams, buses & trains (Circumvesuviana AND Trenitalia) are included, but I wasn't sure. Are the regular (Trenitalia) trains between Naples and Salerno covered, for example? I'm assuming ferries around the coast are not, but if anyone knows for sure, that would be great.

Thanks!

Posted by
94 posts

I just looked at the site as well because my daughter will be traveling in that area in May. But I did read the following:

"In particular the artecard 18_25 Young, can only be used by citizens of the European Union or of countries with a reciprocal arrangement, aged from 18 up to their 25th birthday."

Not sure if USA qualifies as a country with a reciprocal arrangement. Probably not.