Please sign in to post.

Buying train tickets in advance

I will be arriving in Rome airport and taking the train direct to Florence. Have confirmed train schedule and lots of trips available. Question on buying ticket in advance for a specific train and then missing it due to a late flight arrival. Does anyone know if the ticket could then be used/exchanged for a later train on the same day? I can't recall the rules...

Also I'm assuming that the Rome Termini station to airport service is a recommended way to get back to the airport and avoid higher priced taxis and traffic?

Posted by
3812 posts

The only Trenitalia tickets that can be changed after the scheduled departure time are the full price, BASE tickets. € 64 pp, from FCO to Florence.

Up to 1 hour after the scheduled departure time, to be precise: quite obviously nobody pays the full price in advance, you can pay the same at the counter avoiding the stress.

On the other hand, if you can find online a Speciale Frecce discounted ticket at € 18.9 for the direct train you could run the risk of wasting your money. € 45,1 pp is quite a saving.