Please sign in to post.

Bus from Rome to Sorrento

Has anyone ever used the website Marozzi.it to book bus tickets? We are planning to take the bus from Rome to Sorrento in July and I was going to buy the tickets online instead of having to do it during my time in Rome. Any comments? Advice? Thanks.

Posted by
6788 posts

No, but I've got to ask: why would you want to take a bus when the train is so quick and easy?

Posted by
6898 posts

The bus takes 4 hours and has only two runs a day (07:00 and 15:00). The train is far more flexible in terms of many more runs throughout the day and the total trip takes about 3.5 hours. The nice Eurostars between Rome and Naples are faster and nicer than BART.

Posted by
19 posts

Rick actually recommends the bus as it is more direct than having to take the train to Naples and then transfer to Sorrento. We did take the train to Florence when we were in Italy two years ago and loved it. This is also just a new experience.

Posted by
6898 posts

The bus is just fine as long as you can live with their limited twice and day schedule. On Sundays, it's less.

Posted by
7737 posts

If you're looking for a bus experience, I would do a shorter one. Having just ridden a bus in Italy (Lucca to Pisa and back) last month, I'm glad we did it, but wouldn't want to be on there for more than 45 minutes or so. They're much more cramped and claustrophobic than the trains. And I would imagine that the AC is at least as iffy as the train, without a window you can open.