Please sign in to post.

Bus from Florence to Siena

We have decided to fly to Florence and take the bus to Siena. How far is the bus station from the airport? Can you get a bus at the airport? I know the Italians must be tired of the Irish- Americans asking stupid questions, but I want a smooth transition from plane to B & B...thanks!

Posted by
8141 posts

If you go out the side door of the train station, you'll see a McDonald's across the street.
The buses line up to the right of McDonalds and around the corner behind McDonalds.

Posted by
32206 posts

Dan, You can take the Airport Shuttle Bus to the SITA Bus station in Florence. I believe that's the same station where the Buses to Siena depart from. Buy a ticket for the next Bus to Siena and you shouldn't have long to wait. There are both Corse Ordinarie and Corse Rapide Buses. As I recall, the difference in travel times between them is only about 15 minutes. You'll disembark at Piazza Gramsci in the main part of Siena and should be able to walk to your B&B from there (where are you staying?). Happy travels!

Posted by
439 posts

We took the train to Florence, then got the bus to Sienna. Easiest part of our trip. We found a taxi, from the bus stop in Sienna. It was a little easier than dragging our luggage over the cobblestone.