Please sign in to post.

Last try to give away Accademia tix. I bought 8 for wrong day (Oct 13 2022). Can anyone use them?

I mistakenly purchased 8 Accedemia tix for Thurs Oct 13 2022 at 17:30. Our group will actually be there Wed Oct 12. I was able to buy 8 more tickets for the right day, but the Help desk told me the tickets are non-refundable. I'm sad to think 8 people will be unable to enter the museum that day because I'm holding these tickets. Can I give them away via this forum?

Posted by
650 posts

I had a similar experience in Paris at the Eiffel tower. I had purchased 4 tickets at a specific time to go up the elevator. The couple we were to go with did not make the trip. I just looked around for a nice couple in the lines to walk up and gave them the tickets.
Just a suggestion that you go to the Accedemia to the morning line and see if anyone needs tickets you could sell. Certainly 8 tickets is a lot of expense so re-cooping some of your money would help.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you, and yes I will probably end up doing that. However, it's a little risky to count on finding 8 people in Florence Wednesday who want Accademia tickets for Thursday. :-)

Posted by
650 posts

Nancy- just noted the time of entry on the 13th. It might be inconvenient, as you probably have other things planned now for the 13th,
but you could also go at around 4PM (as I know there will be a line started at that time) and see if you could sell hopefully the balance of unsold tickets.

Posted by
43 posts

Hi Nancy, my neighbors are in Florence for 12 days (Oct. 3-14). Although there are only 2 of them, and you might not want to try to make a connection with them, but if so you can personal message me via this forum and I will pass along their contact info. Diane, from Anacortes, WA.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you for the idea Diane. We had already left the country when you sent your message so I'm sorry I missed it. I hope your friends had a great time in Florence!