Please sign in to post.

BORGHESE RESERVATIONS

How can I make reservations for Borghese if I am using the Roma Card?

Posted by
5697 posts

I called the number listed in RS book and picked up tickets at the gallery with Roma Card.

Posted by
10330 posts

I did the same thing Laura B did. Be aware of the time difference and call during their business hours. I don't speak Italian and had no problem making the reservation.

Posted by
15640 posts

You can also ask your hotel (if you already have one) to make the reservation for you. Just give them a couple of time options.

Posted by
16894 posts

Do try phoning; they don't take reservations online with the card.

Posted by
662 posts

I asked my hotel to call and they did. They sent me an email.

Posted by
73 posts

Thanks everyone...I knew that my Travel Forum pals would have the answer. I am having my hotel call for me.

Posted by
15975 posts

Sherry, just don't wait until you GET there to have your hotel call? Tickets for available slots go quickly and usually well in advance so have them do it NOW if your trip is coming up soon and you're traveling during high season?

Posted by
484 posts

I just got back from Rome. We bought our Romapass on Friday morning. I then tried to make reservations for Borghese on Friday morning for either Saturday or Sunday. No luck!!! Borghese was already booked! This was my only regret on my trip. So, to compensate - I went to Santa Maria Vittore to see the famous Bernini statue of St. Theresa. I realize I missed a great site. But, at least I got to see a great Bernini sculpture anyway. If you are near Termini, you may want visit the St. Theresa sculpture. It's worth the walk over. Keep in mind, the church closes mid-day from noon to 4 pm. A religious brother or priest literally shuts off the lights at noon and requires everyone to leave.

Posted by
73 posts

Yeah, I did get my reservation for Borghese. Also, Barb...I will definitely add Santa Maria Vittore to my itinerary. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted by
15975 posts

Ooh - If you like Bernini ( I do!!) also put San Francesco d'Assisi a Ripa and Sant’Andrea delle Fratte on your list.

The first has another 'saint in agony' sculpture: "Beata Ludovica Albertoni", and the second has the two angels that he himself carved for Ponte Sant'Angelo. They were gifted to this church in 1729 by the Bernini family, and replacements made for the bridge.

An amusing note? In Sant’Andrea delle Fratte, look for the altar with the sculpture of a dying St Anne? If you've already made your visit to San Francesco d'Assisi a Ripa, you'll notice that the artist - Giovanni Battista Maini - shamelessly copied Bernini's "Beata Ludovica Albertoni."

Posted by
73 posts

Yes Kathy..I love Bernini. I will add these to my list (time allowing of course). I need 3 months in Italy not 15 days... Thanks for the information...any tips offered I appreciate. I have never traveled to Italy before.

Posted by
15975 posts

I know what you mean, Sherry. I've been three times now and it's never, EVER enough!