Please sign in to post.

Borghese Gallery Tickets

Why is tosc.it (ticket one) asking for birth date and city of birth, etc.? Is this a legitimate and safe way to buy tickets?

Posted by
26 posts

I sure hope so too because I bought tickets last night and now I'm worried.

I used the tosc.it website that Rick Steves suggested and was sent to tickettone which as I know now, has terrible reviews. :(

I too thought it strange for all the personal questions. Why does buying tickets have to be so stressful! lol

Posted by
16395 posts

The tosc.it/Ticket One website is the official ticketing vendor for the Borghese. It's been some years since I ordered tickets for the museum so I can't remember if I had to answer personal questions or not. Still, I wouldn't let it bother you; if I was to venture a guess, it's very possibly for them to check your identity against your tickets, when you arrive, to make sure the tickets haven't been stolen or otherwise obtained illegally. Don't worry; just have your passport along (which you always should have on you anyway).

What with the flood of tourists these days all scrapping to get hands on a finite amount of tickets, tickets could be big business for nefarious sorts! Just a guess. The Colosseum's site states that they're checking identities of everyone who books one of their arena or underground tours for illegally obtained reservations/tickets.

Posted by
2665 posts

I bought my ticket for the Borghese from the official site and got the same info request--it was a secure site and I managed to navigate it partly in Italian so just getting my ticket seemed a major feat in itself! Of all the countries I have visited I found getting tickets for Rome sites the most stressful.