Please sign in to post.

Borghese Gallery reservations ?

How far ahead does the Borghese accept reservations/purchases of tickets ? I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but the site is not showing dates in late May.

Posted by
11 posts

I made reservations for the Galleria Borghese online April 7 for May 13. I had tried a few days earlier than 4/7 and wasn't able to make them then. Good luck and I'd say keep trying.

Posted by
11 posts

I was just on their website and you can make reservations right now for dates through 5/18. The first few pages of the website are in Italian and a bit confusing but after you accept there rules the reservation page can be changed to English. Back on 4/7 I just reserved my tickets. Just have to be there 30 minutes ahead of our reservation to pay for them or they will sell them to someone else. Also when I made reservations I tried to buy them on-line but had trouble with that so I just reserved them. You will get a confirmation with time and date of your reservation. I would keep checking with them as i would think they would add the later dates soon. Hope this helps.

Posted by
508 posts

Try giving them a call. The last time I called the reservation line, they told me what date the tickets would be available... I couldn't find them online the day I checked back but they were able to reserve over the phone. If I remember correctly, they release the dates in blocks at a time. They have an English option in the phone tree and it's not very expensive with a phone card.

Posted by
2575 posts

I recall that tickets were opened up about 2-3 weeks ahead of time during that time of year. See how far they go out now and plan accordingly. I ended up making my reservations after I had already arrived in Italy - easy enough to do on a quick internet cafe visit.

Posted by
123 posts

We had our hotel make the reservations for us just a couple of days ahead of time last May. You do have to pick the tickets up at least 1/2 hour early and then you have to stand in a long line to check your "bag". This goes for a purse or backpack. You won't be allowed in the actual museum if they see a good size bag with you. We were separated from our party because of the need for a friend to check a fairly small purse and the line was so long. If she had tucked the purse under her arm, I'm betting she would have been able to keep it with her, but the guards insisted she check it.