Please sign in to post.

Borghese Gallery reservations

When will August reservations be available for the Borghese Gallery? Thank you for any help.

Posted by
72 posts

I found it very difficult to get a ticket so i booked a private small group tour with Angel Tours and was so glad we did, although we intended to go it alone I have to say that the historian made such a difference

Posted by
1662 posts

Hi,

Here is the website: http://galleriaborghese.beniculturali.it/it
(The link is for English too - at least that is what I get when clicked. Both tabs are accessible.)

Very important to note: When you secure your timed entry ticket, it's a very good idea to be at the museum about 15 minutes prior. If you are late, you may not be allowed in - even with a ticket. There have been some reports here and there about this.

If you can't get tickets, perhaps look into a guided tour (as the other poster used), there are a few that offer good tours with a small group of peeps -

As far as I can tell, this 'blog' is up to date with helpful tips https://www.rometoolkit.com/whattodo/borghese_gallery.htm#getting

Very important -

Note that no bags are allowed into the Borghese. If you have one, you'll need to check it. If possible, leave your bag(s) at the hotel (if it's easy to return and go about your day.) Wearing a money belt can secure your money, CC, Passport, and phone. It's good to double check on that also.

Posted by
3951 posts

We too are waiting for the reservations to open up for August. Yesterday we called the number in Italy and they said because of the current special exhibit until July 28, August reservations won’t be released until July. I am now not checking daily but occasionally. On July 1 I will be checking daily and hoping to book our reservations and tickets for August.

Posted by
83 posts

In regards to "all bags need to be checked"... how about a phone in a lanyard? would that also need to be checked as a bag?

Thanks!

OP, good luck getting tickets! I checked almost daily for about a month before they finally opened up July tickets.

Posted by
1662 posts

how about a phone in a lanyard? would that also need to be checked as a bag?

Laura, I can't advise 100% on the lanyard. "Perhaps" if the 'pocket' is tucked under clothing like the money belt?

I presume, by lanyard, you mean the ones that are about a "cell phone size" but can fit money and cards in also. TJMaxx has a ton to choose from. Even good ole Walmart.

I don't want to give misinformation about the lanyard. Maybe a person who has used it will pop in to give their experience.

Reading different things from travelers here and there, it was reported that even "tiny purses" are not allowed.

I think the concept of no bags at all is so you're not accidentally bumping into or laying down a bag on the sculptures or damaging the paintings by brushing up against with a bag.

Tucked inside clothing, a money belt is secure and has no potential to damage anything in the Borghese.

Posted by
83 posts

Thanks Girasole!

That is exactly what is was talking about, discovered on a recent cruise that I liked the convenience on having my phone around my neck, but don't want to walk around Italy with a water proof phone bag around my neck. My daughter and I need to make a trip to TJMaxx!

Posted by
1662 posts

You are welcome, Laura! I've seen the see through plastic sleeves that are basically used for swimming or walking in the rain.

Hopefully you can find a less bulky one (that is more "material like) to fit your phone and some money in (unless you go the way of the money belt.) The plastic ones may irritate your body too in hot weather or in the museum where it will be hot with the peeps.

Silky or nylon, regular neck wallets (secured under clothing for the museum) might be okay?

Posted by
1481 posts

Last September, I wore a cross body largish neck wallet (outside of my clothes). It held my phone, passport, credit cards, cash and chapstick. Nobody questioned it.
I also recommend being there early. I was second in line and was able to see a few rooms with no people in them for awhile.

Posted by
1662 posts

I wore a cross body largish neck wallet (outside of my clothes). It held my phone, passport, credit cards, cash and chapstick. Nobody questioned it.

Good to know about that for those who will carry similar.

Posted by
15806 posts

English version of the Galleria Borghese website:

http://galleriaborghese.beniculturali.it/en/visita/visit-the-galleria-borghese

And I'd just keep an eye on the www.tosc.it ticketing page. It used to be that tickets released about 60 days in advance but they've randomly kind of been releasing at different times.

To save (annoying) multiple clicks getting to the Borghese page of www.tosc.it from the site above, here's the direct link:

https://www.tosc.it/tickets.htm?affiliate=T2C&sort_by=event_datum&sort_direction=asc&fun=erdetail&doc=erdetaila&erid=912678

If it doesn't come up in English for some reason, there's a tab to change language in the "menu" box the lower right of the page.

Posted by
18 posts

Thank you everyone for your help. My plan is to check the www.tosc.it website once a week or so until July, and then I will begin checking it everyday. Grazie mille.