Please sign in to post.

Borghese Gallery Reservation

We arrive in Rome Sunday and plan to go to the Borghese on Thursday..... Given it will be July, is it likely that reservations will still be available only four days prior?
Thanks for your thoughts.

Posted by
4152 posts

If it's really something you wish to do you should just make the reservation ahead of time. If not you run the risk of not getting a slot. Donna

Posted by
166 posts

Hi Matthew
I was at the Borghese today and the sign said sold out until next Tuesday. Not sure how different August will be since so many Romans leave then but it was amazing and I'm glad I reserved 3 weeks ago.

Posted by
255 posts

Why chance it? Get the reservations ahead of time and you'll be sure to see an amazing collection. I've never been there when they have had tickets available on the day of.

Posted by
39 posts

Lisa, I think that that was the same sign that I saw when I was there on May 6.

Posted by
43 posts

And, we saw it on Thursday, May 12. Seems to be the Thursday sign. It is easy to book on-line. No reason not to do it now.

Posted by
2115 posts

Agree...purchase ahead of time. Reservations can be hard to get. Similar sign was there when we visited early May. Our experience: purchased tickets for 3:00 slot (to allow plenty of time to arrive from airport/check-in hotel, etc.).
Got in much earlier, so went to Borghese and VERY kindly showed tickets and asked if any chance to exchange for an earlier slot, since we allowed time for plane problems, etc. Ticket rep typed into computer and handed us tickets for 5 minutes later, the 11:00 slot. We were pleasantly shocked at how easy it was for us to change...........not to say it is always that easy. But, that said, that would have opened two slots for our original time frame for someone else. Some truly amazing sculpture (incredible detail, and a nice parterre style garden.