Please sign in to post.

borghese gallery

My wife and I will be in Rome for a couple of days in October and I was trying to make a reservation for Sunday the 4th. When I try to book that day it says it' s unavailable. But when I look at the hours all it says is that it is closed on Monday. Am I missing something? Other days around the 4th are available but not that day. Help.

Posted by
14 posts

Probably just too far into the future. We are traveling to Rome and also want to see the Galleria Borghese. I discovered that one can use their Roma Pass to gain admittance to the Galleria without a line wait. But, you still need to make a reservation. Their website says that Roma Pass owners must call the number listed to make a reservation. So, we emailed our hotel and requested they make the reservation for us. (suggested by another traveler on this website) The hotel responded saying that reservations can only be made 28 days in advance. Hope that helps.

Posted by
16398 posts

Actually, it is not too far in the future. Our reservations for Oct. 8 were booked online some time ago.

It appears it is free that day ( first Sunday of the month) so no online (paid) reservations. Apparently you can reserve by phone---which would be a good idea to avoid long waits.

Posted by
15860 posts

Regardless of free Sundays, reservations to the Borghese MUST be booked as the museum can only handle so many visitors at a time. My thought was that you're trying too early but free Sundays can also fill very quickly so it's possible that they're sold out if Lola has tickets for October. Lola, you didn't book some sort of tour?

I'd keep trying.

Posted by
39 posts

Thanks for the replies. When I look on the calendar the first Sunday is always open so it must be free. now I need to work on reserving a time if there are still times open. thanks for the help.

Posted by
15860 posts

Yes, first Sundays of every month are free but require reservations.

Posted by
1501 posts

You're going to have to go another day. There will be NO reservatioins for Sunday.

Posted by
16398 posts

Kathy--- we did not book a tour, just regular entry. Those reservations are available online, but maybe not by phone. For "free Sunday" reservations, they need to reserved by phone. If not open for reservations yet for October, they will just have to keep checking back---or maybe confirm if there is a "28-day rule" for phone reservations.

Posted by
15 posts

Did you ever get your tickets for the Borghese? I am trying to book for the middle of October and cannot get my credit card to go through. I called my credit card company and they say that they do not even see a charge trying to get through, so it is not a decline. Has anyone else had trouble booking with tickets.it?

Posted by
213 posts

Hello
Last week I purchased tickets for October 28th with a credit card - no problem - I use
http://www.tosc.it/ -------TicketOne however this site is showing no times available on the first Sunday of the month - you may have to call them.