Please sign in to post.

Borghese Gallery

Any suggestions for restaurants around the Borghese Gallery? Also, has anyone eaten at their cafe? Grazie!
Donna

Posted by
192 posts

Two places that were recommended by my friend's sister who lives in Rome and has a boutique shop just outside of Villa Borghese were: Ristorante Vladimiro (Via Aurora 37) south of the park and Caffe' delle Arti (Via Antonio Gramsci 73) located in the Museum of Modern Art north west of park (and worth the visit if you are not museumed out).

Posted by
11315 posts

Vladamiro is a great suggestion, but a bit of a hike and expensive. If you desire something less formal. check your map and head to Via Toscana, where in weekdays you can visit Café Mozart with a great tavolo caldo and super panini. There's also Il Pomodorino on the corner, closer to the Borghese, or Ristorante San Marco around the corner from Il Pomodorino on Via Sardegna.

Posted by
14 posts

Thank you all for your great suggestions. This is my first visit to Italy - 11 wonderful days are planned. Besides Rome, we're staying in the Cinque Terra (Monterosso) and will make day trips to Portofino, Santa Margherita, Civita and Orvieto. September can't come fast enough! Again, Grazie,
Donna

Posted by
32745 posts

I've had coffee and bakery goods at the little café downstairs. I wasn't especially impressed, especially with the coffee. Prices were not inexpensive.