Please sign in to post.

borghese gallery

i have ricks guidebooka and it sends me to a this webisite to get reservations. www.ticketeria.it but i can't get it to work it keeps saying "Valore per la terza tariffa non valido! Inserire un numero." which means
Value for the third rate is not valid! Enter the number. im so confused i just want to get 2 tickets to c the gallery maybe i will just stay up til 1am and call...

Posted by
10259 posts

I called for my reservation as I did not want to pay in advance. You don't need to get up at 1:00 a.m. Just call around 7:00.

Posted by
306 posts

Email your hotel and ask them to do it. If you plan on using the Roma Pass, have your hotel get you a reservation only instead of tickets.

Posted by
267 posts

Yes, have your hotelier/B&B do it for you. Just send them an email and ask; they'll send you a confirmation code. MUCH easier!

Posted by
864 posts

I bought my tickets over the web and sucked up the processing fee because I had the Borghese Gallery on my bucket list, like near the top. Worth every penny and then some. Well presented all the way around.

Posted by
500 posts

About how long on average would it take to see the Borghese Gallery? I have already requested my hotel to make reservations for us at 9:00 AM on a Tuesday.

Posted by
4152 posts

You only have 2 hours to see the gallery. At the end of that time they kick you out. The easiest way to get tickets or make a reservation is through their website. http://www.ticketeria.it/ticketeria/borghese-regolamento-eng.asp You can book tickets online or call them if you are using the romapass. It's very easy. Be sure to call during business hours Rome time. Donna

Posted by
162 posts

Angelo, We went to Rome this past March and did the Borghese. I emailed my b&b to make reservations b/c I was using my Romapass for admission. They made the reservation, gave me the reservation code, we showed up with our Romapass and code and were good. I would seriously suggest the morning appointment, when we were done, it was MOBBED at 11:00am...just saying... Oh and btw, we had out the extra 2 euro for each of us like RS said in his 2010 book and they told us it wasn't required, I would still have it though, never know!!!

Posted by
1 posts

I had problems too with ticketeria.it and it took me 2 days to finally complete the transaction. For some reason it wouldn't accept my Visa so I changed to M/C and it worked. I also found out that it's better to make reservations before 11am PST than later in the day. Renee
menlo park, CA usa 4/0/11

Posted by
267 posts

Oh, yeah, I forgot that we also didn't need the 2 euro, and we also used our RomaPass that day at the Borghese. But we DID book thru our B&B (as we did also for Uffizi and Accademia in Florence). Much easier than trying to navigate yet another website, worry about paying, etc etc. I was astounded at the amazing work Bernini, and others, did during their time with the tools they had. AMAZING and beautiful! Worth whatever waiting you'll have to do and any walking to get there! Too bad no photos are allowed. =-(
(I borrowed a few off their website...)

Posted by
162 posts

Agree with Robyn!! My fiance is not the museum type, AT ALL! He was amazed, stunned and thrilled from what we seen at the Borghese!! It was definitely one of our highlights, especially the gardens!! Oh and btw, we seen people riding these golf cart type bikes with roofs, they looked fun so we asked where to get them, which is right by the gardens, they were SO MUCH FUN!!! Try them out if you have time!!!

Posted by
18 posts

How far in advance should I make reservations? We're looking to go the first week of June.
TIA

Posted by
500 posts

I think you can only make reservations 2 weeks in advance I tried to make one about 10 days ago for May 17 and I was told I have to call back in May.

Posted by
31 posts

Betsy-I would make reservations whenever you can, especially if it's for a weekend.
FWIW, I just booked for May 15 last week just fine over the phone.

Posted by
4152 posts

You can book tickets about a month ahead of time. You have to call if using the romapass but can use the website if not using the pass. You do not need to have the pass in order to make the reservation. Just tell them you'll be using the pass when booking your reservation. When you show up you just show them the pass and all is well. Donna

Posted by
10259 posts

What Donna said. That is why I called. They gave me a reservation number and when I arrived I gave them the number and used my roma pass. Do be sure you have a reservation though. We saw people without them being turned away.