Please sign in to post.

Borghese Gallery

the website www.tosc.it appears to be the reservation website for the Borghese Gallery, but only allows reservations about 1 month in advance. Are there other ways to reserve a ticket or tour of the gallery if im going to be there in June 2024 (likely on a Sunday)?

Posted by
1250 posts

No, not that I know of. You just wait until they put out the batch of tickets for the date you want and grab them. So when it gets closer start checking more often.

Posted by
284 posts

For reference, I purchased Borghese Gallery tickets on 8/17/23 for our visit on 10/26/23. I purchased them from the tosc.it site. I should add that the Gallery is, in my opinion, one of the finest museums in Rome, if not Italy.

Posted by
9 posts

We used Context tours for the Borghese Gallery and had an excellent guide. I'd say this gallery and some of its pieces were a highlight of Rome, which has no shortage of spectacular collections!

Posted by
319 posts

See about the tour of the attic storage. My wife and I did this one time and it was really great. You have a tour guide from the gallery and you ride up a very old lift into the upstairs storage area. The guide will show you a great many paintings that are not currently on display. The fee was quite nominal and well worth it. And I agree with the earlier post that this is a fine gallery. I have been to it twice and really do love it.

Posted by
282 posts

Last year I purchased my ticket for June 23 on May 15, the first day my date showed up as available. I had been watching it for several weeks. I had no difficulty getting a ticket once my date opened up and I don’t believe the tickets sold out immediately. I had been getting nervous and considered purchasing a ticket/tour through one of the private companies but they were very expensive in comparison. I was glad I waited.

Posted by
284 posts

I meant to add that tickets do, indeed, sell out. On the day we went (10/26), there was a long line of people waiting to buy same-day tickets and/or unclaimed time-slot tickets. It was so nice to be able to walk in at our designated time to see the wonders of the gallery. And if you get there a bit early, they allow people to enter 10 minutes before the stated time on the tickets.