Please sign in to post.

Booking Rome Hotels for Late Summer 2024

I am currently researching a week long trip to Rome for next year (2024) & looking at hotels for roughly late Summer or early Fall. For whatever reason, all the hotels of interest appear to be already full. I am wondering if hotels truly are already full, or (hopefully) booking systems aren’t equipped to handle reservations this early.

Thanks, -Rick Hanser

Posted by
6621 posts

Most probably don’t even have their calendar up yet for next summer
Too early

Posted by
2486 posts

If you are trying to book through booking.com or their ilk, then availability may be limited. Have you tried booking directly with the hotel? You may have better luck that way. We have stayed at Hotel Smeraldo and also Hotel Villa San Pio which are both lovely. They are in different locations in Rome. It could also be too early to book that far out as a previous poster has said.

Posted by
7433 posts

Rick, I’ve booked my rooms through Booking.com for next May for a month trip. I do find that some options don’t become available until a few months later, but I always book something refundable and then check a couple of months later. It’s about 50/50 whether I switch to a different one - still several months ahead.

I’ve had cities in Italy with very limited lodging that I couldn’t visit because I didn’t have anything reserved several months ahead.

Posted by
982 posts

They're NOT full. The calendar just hasn't opened. We are going Sept 2024 and emailed hotels in Vencie, Florence, and Rome and we booked directly with them online via a link they sent us. Email them, they'll either tell you when the dates will open up OR they will give you prices and put you on a list and notify you OR they'll just book you via email. They told us most calendars open 8-12 months in advance.

Posted by
7433 posts

Hi, I just thought of an option while I was looking at an alternate location for next May. If you have a hotel that you want, pull it up on Booking.com. Change the date in the area that's below the name - not to the left column that will update all options in that city. Changing the date will bring up the calendar, so you can see prices over the different months, but you can also see how far they have loaded the prices to know how many months out reservations on this site can be booked.