Please sign in to post.

Booking .com

Hi. We will be in Venice this June. It was hard for me to get into the site of the hotel .Since there were 4 of us and we needed 2 rooms, I ended up doing it through booking .com as there were only 2 double rooms left for the time we will be there.
My question is I would like to email hotel as I found the English website. Can I still do it and then just cancel booking.com? I chose the free cancellation. Would they find it strange that we already book thru booking.com then are booking directly thru them again. I just thought that if I book directly through them, they get the whole profit and maybe will give us a better room? Thanks.

Posted by
7209 posts

It never hurts to ask. I've bargained with several European hotels about prices and about using Booking.com

Posted by
18 posts

Hi Sally, I have done exactly what you are planning to do with Booking.com. I used them to book our hotel initially and then after booking directly with the hotel, I cancelled the Booking one. It is super easy to do on Booking.com. I have had to cancel with Booking on numerous occasions because of plan or date changes, and it always worked out. Good luck!