Please sign in to post.

Bologna/Modena/Parma

Looking for any advice on where to stay in this region (open to hotels and/or b&bs or agriturismos). Hubby and son want to see 'Auto Valley' and RS doesn't have a lot of options here. Thanks in advance!

Posted by
693 posts

Will you have a car? And do you want to stay in a city or in the countryside?

Posted by
15584 posts

Without a car, Bologna is a good base, with train connections for lots of day trips.

Posted by
11613 posts

Bologna is an excellent base for this area, you can go to Modena, Parma, Ravenna and othe places by train if you don't have a car.

I like Hotel Metropolitan and Nuovo Hotel del Porto in Bologna.

Posted by
21 posts

We will have a car and are open to either city or countryside. If there's a 'don't miss' accommodation, I'd love to know about it!

Posted by
693 posts

Sarah, we stayed in an apartment called Pratello Gardens in Bologna - not sure if there is parking nearby though as we arrived by train (you would need to contact the owner). Wherever you decide on staying, make sure it has access to parking (on site or public parking nearby). Booking.com allows you to add parking in as a filter when searching and has far more reviews than you will ever get here.

Posted by
396 posts

When I am in Bologna, I stay at Hotel San Donato at via Zamboni 16. I arrive by train and take a taxi to the hotel. Walking distance from San Petrino church, Neptunes fountain, market street etc. The hotel has breakfast included in the price.

Posted by
16893 posts

FYI, Lonely Planet sells just that single Emilia-Romagna chapter of their Italy book online for $3.50 (on sale from $5).