Please sign in to post.

Bologna Hotel

Can someone recommend a hotel, centrally located for two nights? We would need a quad room. Would like to stay under $200 per night with breakfast.
Thanks!

Posted by
11613 posts

Not knowing your dates or whether there are children in your party, I did a quick check on booking.com and found lots of centrally located quads (I picked a random June 2-night stay) in your price range. Read the reviews.

I don't know if these places have quads, but they are very economical: Hotel Centrale, and Nuovo Hotel del Posta (not sure of spelling).

Posted by
141 posts

Great, thanks!! We are two adults and two teens boys, travelling 11/24 for two nights. Actually taking your advise for another post about staying in Bologna rather than Parma. You've been very helpful!

Posted by
487 posts

There is a small chain of local hotels called the Art Hotels. We stayed at the Commercianti which is right next to the main basilica and enjoyed it. I think one of the hotels should have a room large enough for your group and they all have a central location.

http://www.bolognarthotels.it/en/

Posted by
1540 posts

I stayed in the Abrego Centrale right around the corner from the main piazza and fountain. (Neptune Fountain.)
I don't remember the price, but I shop by price - so I know it was a good one.
Breakfast included.

Posted by
396 posts

I always stay at the Hotel San Donato at via Zamboni 16. Breakfast included in price. Walking distance to piazza that contains San Petrino church, Neptunes fountain, etc.

Posted by
141 posts

Frances...Albergo Centrale says no rooms available. I did email them two days ago to double check and they haven't answered.

Posted by
141 posts

Karen...thanks I checked it out and it's $265 per night. Would like to keep it under $200 if I can.

Posted by
141 posts

Very strange...went to Albergo Centrale again and now the dates were available. I booked a Quad room at a refundable rate. Very happy its done. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Posted by
11613 posts

Could have been a cancellation, or they may have committed a room to a booking service but got it back for you.

Posted by
141 posts

So excited...apartment booked in Venice, hotels booked in Florence and Bologna. Now on to the other planning!