Please sign in to post.

Bologna hotel

Hello,
We are planning a trip to Bologna, Italy first week of October 2023. I’m having trouble finding an available hotel room. Many are booked it seems. Looking for hotel suggestions that maybe I’ve missed.
Thank

Posted by
11361 posts

Have you looked at the locally owned Art Hotels including Novecento? Did you use Booking.com?

Posted by
5 posts

Yes, I’ve tried all that you listed. Do you have any other suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks. I just put in our dates and even shortened the stay and they are booked. :(

Posted by
205 posts

We had a wonderful few nights at the NH Hotel De La Gare back in March.

Fingers crossed for you!

PQ

Posted by
267 posts

Hotel Albergo Drapperie right off the square last spring (2022). Adjacent to the old markets and very short walk to the square.

Posted by
130 posts

We always contact the owner or hotel directly if one of the commercial sites says ‘booked.’ Sometimes owners haven’t opened their calendars yet, or the hotels have held back rooms so they can deal directly with travelers. Great point by the last poster!

Posted by
21 posts

You may want to try the Starhotels Excelsior, it appears to have rooms available. About a mile away from the old town, right next to the train station in case you're doing day trips. Not a historic hotel, but a fairly reliable chain. If you choose this one, become a Starhotels member before you book, big discount.

Posted by
21 posts

Also, if you're doing a lot of day trips, you may want to consider staying in Modena, 20 miles and a $5 train ride from Bologna.

Posted by
16745 posts

I found lots of places available on booking.com, using the dates October 2-7 ( 5 nights). Extending into the weekend might be the problem you are seeing.

Here is a partial list: Hotel,Cavour, Il Canale, Design Club Collection, Cuore di Bologna Suites ( this one has a rating of 9.2 and is in a great location near Piazza Maggiore), HotelmAemila, Hotel Roma (also neR Piazza Maggiore, friends stayed here and loved it), Hotel San Donato, and many more.

If you are trying to stay over Saturday night, can you eliminate that?