Please sign in to post.

Bologna

My wife and I are going on our honeymoon over the Christmas break and we are going to have one day in Bologna. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay, eat, and what to see while we are there? We really appreciate your advice. Thanks!

Posted by
1449 posts

use the box at the top right to search for prior replies on the subject

Posted by
144 posts

We stayed in Bologna for one night in June. We stayed at the Starhotels Excelsior. It is right at the train station. It was a nice place. It had a good breakfast. If we had it to do over, we would not have gone there. We would have spent an exrtra day in Venice. To us it was just "OK", but if you have a good reason to go there - go for it. It does have an interesting market area. We did not get a good meal there. Good Luck - Bill

Posted by
110 posts

We went to Bologna in August and stayed here http://www.hotel-portasanmamolo.it/en/index.htm. I would highly recommend it. It is easy to get to (bus from train station and about 2 blocks from stop or a 8 euro cab ride). It is about a 5 minute walk to main square. Also, they have a great breakfast and nice courtyard. The people couldn't haven't been nicer.