Please sign in to post.

Bologna

I am seeking accommodation recommendations (hotel or other) for Bologna.
Also, planing to visit Parma and Modena and wondering about finding a second accommodation (with a car) to use as base to see these areas. Any thoughts and recommendations on this idea?

Posted by
669 posts

It is very easy to take the train from Bologna to go to either Parma or Modena. If you prefer to drive you can avoid the ZTL zones in Bologna so don't be scared off my people that say you can't. I've never driven to Parma since I've always gone by train. We've gone to both Bologna and Modena by car and train (the car the first time was due to a bus and train strike in Emilia Romagna). There is plenty to see and do in the area.

Posted by
545 posts

You didn't give information about price range or how many people need accommodation, but I'll recommend an apartment suitable for 1-2 adults. It's within walking distance of the train station on Via G. Marconi. You'll find it on VRBO listed as New Casatori. I don't have information about parking in Bologna but I'd suggest the train is convenient.

Posted by
1 posts

Planning a last minute trip for October. Thinking Milan, Parma. Modena. Bologna and down to Pesaro.
Are we going to have a problem not speaking Italian?

Posted by
6600 posts

dinnerbelle- welcome

You will get more responses if you post your question in a new thread of your own

But, no- there are plenty of English speakers in Italy, especially in tourist areas
You will want to learn a few simple phrases as well