Please sign in to post.

Birthday dinner in Venice

Ciao everybody! I need recommendations for my 50th birthday dinner in Venice in October. Hoping for a Canal view. Thanks in advance!

Posted by
32905 posts

If you are at the Gritti (my parents had a major anniversary there many years ago) I'd advise checking with your bank manager before you go.... good location though

Posted by
8711 posts

Trattoria da’ a Marisa. Found it while meandering. Seeing people waiting to get in and hearing all the Italian being spoken I figured it was worth the wait. It was.

It’s been over a decade but I remember I loved my dinner there. Place is small, food was great, and very little English was spoken. I was there in November so ate inside but imagine in good weather they set up some tables along the canal. Don’t recall it being expensive.

Posted by
42 posts

Happy early 50th!! ORO is a romantic and outstanding experience a beautiful short (complimentary) private water taxi ride to the stunning Hotel Belmond Cipriani. You can request window seat with views toward Venice. When we dined there for our anniversary, it was a Michelin restaurant and service was impeccable. Food is standard of multi-course small plates. However, it was the entire experience from private water taxi across the Grand Canal at sunset to pre-dinner stroll around the lovely garden and boardwalk, and the Michelin star service that we will always remember.

https://www.belmond.com/hotels/europe/italy/venice/belmond-hotel-cipriani/oro-restaurant