Please sign in to post.

Bike tour

Hi all,

Has anyone done an E Bike tour in Rome? It looks pretty fun and we may get to see places we can't on foot. We have booked 3 tours there already: Colloseum, Vatican and Trastevere Food tour (4 hours each on 3 different days). I saw this new bike tour offered yesterday. Is adding another tour too much, leaving enough time to just wander and relax? We will be there 6 days.

Input welcome!
Kathy

Posted by
7209 posts

I can't even fathom spending 4 hours in the Colosseum. Vatican Museums are just enormous, and I supposed you could theoretically spend weeks there if you really wanted to see everything. The problem with both of these places is information overload and overcrowding. Nonetheless - bike tours are fun, and e-bikes let you traverse hilly regions. I've never biked in Rome, but I have in Munich, Florence, Paris, Prague, etc. I think the bike tour will probably be one of the most fun activities you do. followed closely by the Trastevere Food tour. With 6 days your planned tours are probably not an overload. Do venture out to the Appian Way on the outskirts of Rome to get a totally different feel.

Posted by
226 posts

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your input. I wonder if this makes a difference: the tour is 3.5 hrs and includes the Colloseum and Dungeons, Roman Forum and Pallatine Tour. What do you think?
The reason we chose to do the Vatican tour is that it is at 7:30am before the crowds descend.
We are open to suggestions and can make changes if needed either adding, deleting or tweaking.
I have never been to Italy....obviously, haha!