Please sign in to post.

Best restaurant in Rome

Going to Rome next week and staying at Hotel Barocco. Any recommendations for a reasonable priced restaurant for dinner one night. Looking for favorites.

Posted by
32222 posts

jamie,

I'd suggest asking the staff at your hotel for their recommendation on good local restaurants. I've done that many times, and never been given a bad suggestion. You'll also need to define your criteria for "reasonable priced" as that term is somewhat subjective. Your hotel appears to be close to Piazza Barberini, and there should be lots of restaurants within walking distance.

Buon Appetito!

Posted by
483 posts

If you are looking for destination Worthy restaurants, maybe:

https://www.eater.com/maps/best-rome-restaurants

The top fancy restaurants in Rome, you probably want to reserve a month in advance. Places like Antico Arco, Babette and Life.

I should add that the best restaurant is highly subjective, and for me, is the good one I happen to be at currently or most recently.

Posted by
20 posts

If you can handle a 10-15 minute walk from your hotel, I recommend that you try Ristorante Alessio (http://ristorantealessio.it/) on Via del Viminale near Piazza Repubblica and Termini station. We ate there twice in May - once for lunch and once for dinner. You may want to make reservations for dinner or risk getting a less than optimum table seating. The veal saltimbocca and gnocchi with pesto were excellent. The wine list had many selections and reasonable prices. Two can dine well there on 60-70 euro.

Posted by
7737 posts

I would put a caveat on Ken's suggestion to ask your hotel front desk for a restaurant recommendation. I would say that's a good idea for a small mom-and-pop hotel or a small B&B, but a terrible idea for a large hotel. The front desk staff at large hotels often get kickbacks from restaurants that they recommend, and since the good restaurants don't need recommendations, they end up recommending really terrible ones.