Please sign in to post.

Best place to rent a car

We will be renting a car at the Milano Malpensa Airport . What is a reputable, budget friendly rental company?

Posted by
4887 posts

Have a look at the AutoEurope website. They are often recommended on this forum as a consolidator, which will give you the rental oprions for the location you select. You can also filter by type and size of car.

Posted by
15202 posts

I also use AutoEurope when I go to Italy. Generally I end up selecting the best deal for the dates with the major companies they do business with (Hertz, Avis-Budget, Europcar, Sixt etc.). They have multiple websites, and I check all because the prices may vary one from another, although you are dealing with the same company.
www.autoeurope.com
www.kemwel.com
www.autoeurope.eu

I also select their NO DEDUCTIBLE (also called REFUNDABLE EXCESS) under the Insurance Coverage option. It costs about $5+ extra a day, but I do so for peace of mind, as deductibles are at least 1000€ and my insurance won’t cover me abroad. For some reason those car rental companies always find some stupid scratch that they try to blame on you, and even a scratch will set you back a few hundreds $$. Your credit card might cover you in that case, if you don’t want to purchase the No Deductible option, but check first with your credit card.