Please sign in to post.

Best Pizza in Florence

We have one more day in Florence and still have not had a slice. Any suggestions for great pizza away from the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio?

Posted by
8649 posts

Santarpia pizza. You’ll have to Google address. I stumbled upon it. Stellar pizza

Posted by
1028 posts

Pizza is Naples food. When in Florence, eat bistecca alla fiorentina (bbq steak)!

Posted by
3112 posts

"Best" is subjective. Depends on what style of pizza you like. All of my favorite Florence pizzerias are outside the city center, but for a good neopolitan style pizza in town try Caffe Italiano Pizzeria. It's near Piazza Santa Croce and just a block from Vivoli gelatoria (same street). Neopolitan isn't my favorite style of pizza, but I thought their pizza was better than any other I've had in the center.`

EDIT: I thought about mentioning Santarpia, but they require reservations and are only open in the evening, so you're probably out of luck with just one day left. Besides, I liked Caffe Italiano Pizzeria's pizza more.

Posted by
400 posts

If you're ok with super casual and can get across to Oltrarno, try the pizza place in the Piazza della Passara whose name I can't remember. It's across from 4 Leoni in a window. You order there and sit on a bench in the piazza to eat and it's delicious. And as a bonus, the gelato place on the corner is really, really good. I can recommend the Chinese 5-spice flavor.

Posted by
336 posts

Il Gusto Pizza was on "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives". It was pretty good, near Pitti Palace.

We also had good pizza at the Central Market 2nd floor, near the Train Station

Posted by
1385 posts

Fermento 1889 ---- Borgo San Frediano, 16 in the Oltrarno --- we liked it so much we went there twice. Tiny place. Don't be tempted to try the cacio e pepe pizza, though --- it's not as good as it sounds.

Posted by
1944 posts

I found great Napolitan pizza at Ciro & Sons on via Giglio. Everything else there is top-notch as well. It's my favorite restaurant in Florence.

Posted by
491 posts

I don't know if it's "the best" but it is good. It was recommended to us by locals.
It's a small place but it's quick, service is good and the ingredients are also very good.
There's a gelato shop next door for desert.
Not much of a walk from the Ufizi
Pizzeria Riva d’Arno Firenze
Lungarno Soderini, 7, 50124 Firenze FI, Italy

Posted by
15146 posts

This is a popular annual contest among Florentines.
Most of the best are not in the historical center, but some are, like BiancaZeroZero, on Piazza della Passera, or I Bastioni di San Niccolò, in the Oltrarno on Via dei Bastioni, O’Munaciello, on Via Maffia, O’Scugnizzo, on Via dell’Orto. Most of them are owned and operated by Neapolitans living in Florence.

http://www.firenzetoday.it/speciale/a-firenze-ci-garba/pizza/firenze-garba-migliore-pizza-pizzeria-firenze-vota-dieci-finalisti.html

Posted by
227 posts

Cucina Torcicoda near Santa Croce. It was recommended by our tour guide who is a local resident. We went twice in March 2018 and did not see any other tourists (that should tell you something how good the pizza is). Not expensive and superb, friendly, service.

Gusta Pizza is also good but not as tasty as Cucina Torcicoda. It is a small place and hard to get into. They don't take reservations. Warm and comfortable place. Not expensive. Across the Arno in Oltrarno. Tables are shared by guests. Good place if in the area.