Please sign in to post.

Best of Venice, Florence & Rome in 10 Days - starting April 4, 2022

I'm so excited to be able to re-book my cancelled 2020 tour. i see this specific tour date is starting to fill fast and i just wanted to say hello to everyone else that is part of this tour group. hopefully a few of you will be arriving a day or two early as i will be and i am staying at the Pensione Guerrato the night before the tour to make life easy lol. Hopefully a few more tour group members will see this forum and post. I cant wait to meet you all and have a great time as this is my first Rick Steves tour. take care.
Thomas

Posted by
6489 posts

That was also my first RS tour in 2018, and the same hotel. If you can get there a few days before the tour starts you'll have more time to explore Venice and surroundings. I got to places like the Frari Church, San Giorgio Maggiore, the Naval Museum, the Correr Museum, Ca' Rezzonico, the Ghetto, and a day trip to Padua, none of which are on the tour. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Posted by
6 posts

I'm taking the same tour a month later. I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid about the jet lag (Flying from the west coast) but I'm thinking of two days at Lake Como to recover by flying into Milan and then taking the train into Venice. I wanted to see the Lake District anyway and thought it might be a good excuse and I'm hoping to find more direct flight options for Milan.