Please sign in to post.

Best of Rome November 19 to Nov 25, 2023- Florence 3 days before trip starts...

We will be arriving in Florence late on Wednesday night, the 15 and I hope to receive some comments on a possible itinerary.

Day after arrival- Thursday the 16- up early for early entry to the Acadamia for David- I'm thinking to plan for about 2 hours? That sound about right?
Question: Any cafe in this museum? I don't see any reference on the website.

Then a short break head over to the Uffizi for the rest of the day...spend more time there- Have a small lunch there

Anyone eaten in the Uffizi cafeteria? Any good vegetarian dishes?

I'm than thinking that will give us two full days to fill with perhaps a wine tour, or tour to local towns. Any suggestions?

We leave early Sunday morning for Rome and the start of our 7 day Best of Rome! So looking forward to this break.

Posted by
971 posts

We love Florence and could easily spend a week there. Def don't miss the 2 Cathedrals and walk over the bridges to the other side. There are too many fabulous restaurants in Florence to be eating inside the museums - get a coffee and pastry there, but enJOY your meals in actual restaurants.

If you want to do a day trip and you find the time for one - we did 2 with WalkAboutFlorence - we loved the BEST OF TUSCANY one and the CHIANTI WINE & FOOD SAFARI one - get on their website and read each itinerary. You won't go wrong with them.

Posted by
2061 posts

Have eaten at the Uffizi cafeteria. Totally adequate with some vegetarian options. I don’t think there is a cafeteria at The Accademia. Be sure to make reservations for an early dinner Thursday night. I’m sure you’ll be exhausted after your travels and all the great art.