Please sign in to post.

Best of Italy in 17 Days

Hello,

Anyone have an idea why there's a difference in tour price for the Best of Italy in 17 Days tour from Aug 25–Sep 10 (Su–Tu)? I've asked the tour office, but they're swamped with questions and I don't know when I'll hear back from them.

Thanks,
Eva

Posted by
2398 posts

Every tour in every country has a range of prices for different dates.
I imagine hotels, etc. have different rates at different times of the year. Also, it might be the hottest part of the summer.

Posted by
532 posts

Let us know when you hear. I asked the same question about the Village Italy tour and the office told me that September is so popular, they wanted people to take the earlier dates so it’s less expensive. She said all the activities were the same.

Posted by
9 posts

Yes, warmer, less crowded, but the same itinerary is the response I received from Jenn at customer support. Might work for me since we’ll be by the beach part of the time and I don’t like crowds.

Posted by
2365 posts

Just a note re: your comment on crowds and expectations - this tour goes to cities (Venice, Rome, Florence) that are crowded all times of the year. And Cinque Terre can also be quite crowded, especially with cruise ships (late August / early September is still very busy season). Depending on what your preference is for crowds, you might look at a tour earlier in season (spring) or later (fall) but know that it's probably unlikely you'll avoid crowds altogether.