Please sign in to post.

Beaches

Hi Italy Beach-goers

I'm leaving in 11 days and trying to find some beach time without killing an entire day on the effort. If there are any experiences and recommendations with the following areas, I'd love to hear them:

Lido (in Venice) I'll be there during the Film Fest. Not sure if the beaches will be more crowded as a result? Blue Moon seems like a good bet.

Sorrento I'm staying in Sorrento and would be interested in squeezing in a dip after a day of sightseeing and before dinner, so nothing far out or time consuming

Ravello versus Positano I'm spending the day visiting both. I'm open to spending more time in one versus the other to accomodate an hour or two at the beach. Have heard the beach in Ravello is great and right now, I'm considering reducing the time in Postiano greatly.

Capri -- Open to suggestions. Will be doing Blue Grotto and Anacapri area.

Grazie!

Posted by
163 posts

While located right on the coast, Ravello is over 1,000 feet above sea level, so any beach you might find up there would have a rather precipitous drop!

Posted by
15800 posts

Have heard the beach in Ravello is great and right now, I'm
considering reducing the time in Postiano greatly.

As the poster before me has pointed out, Ravello is landlocked: it's Positano that has a beach.

Capri isn't exactly known for beaches but you can check out what's available here:
https://www.capri.com/en/l/beaches-on-capri

Sorrento has the same issue but see what sparks your interest? I have heard that the swimming hole at Regina GIovanna is fun; you do have to take a short bus ride to get there.

https://www.sorrentoinsider.com/en/e/beaches-sorrento-italy

In all cases, bring water shoes!!!

Posted by
122 posts

The water shoes are ready!

Thanks for making me consider what I want out of the beach experience, that has helped me narrow things down to most likely Spiaggia Grande in Positano.

I'm sort of a one and done type of beach go-er - I'd like to have a cool drink, take a dip, lay about for 30 minutes and then be on my way, so looking for something easy to get to.

BTW: The Ravello beach is Castaglione and I'm thinking that an Amalfi Beach Vacation can stand up on it's own!