Please sign in to post.

Beach near Venice

Is there anything comparable to the scenery at Cinque Terre? My trip was orginally Lake Maggiore- Verona- Venice and CT. Rethinjig this plan. I would be travelling from Venice or Malpensa. I would love some magnificent scenery. I can only lie on a beach for a little bit.

Thanks.

Posted by
217 posts

That was ny impression when I read about it in the guide books. Anywhere within a 2 hour train ride?

Posted by
6733 posts

If you're in Venice and you want scenery with water....go east. To Croatia.

Posted by
7595 posts

The beaches anywhere near Venice are not so great. Croatia is nice, especially Split and Dubrovnik

Posted by
4217 posts

Agree Dubrovnik is not the ideal suggestion, but it's a brief hop on a ferry from Venice to the northern Croatia region of Istria, which has scenic beaches (most are rocky).

Posted by
217 posts

Geez. The OP asks for a beach near Venice and someone suggests Dubrovnik? Why not Santorini then?
Blockquote

It was an interesting response. I would love to visit Croatia, but not this trip.

Posted by
4217 posts

wgroup, tell us about your entire itinerary/days of travel/airports and we can advise on other scenic coastal areas. I just am not aware of anything else quite close to Venice.

Posted by
336 posts

Being from the Jersey Shore, we like a nice sandy beach. We found Lido to be like that. Nice and wide with "sand", just right for laying on a blanket. While CT and Amalfi are much more spectacular, the beaches are rocky and/or gravel. Not great for laying out (or walking) the way we like. Based on your post, I don't think Lido is what you want...

Posted by
160 posts

We were at the lido 3 days ago with our kids. It’s kind of expensive but it’s venice. Our kids liked it. Nice but crowded. Water warmish