Please sign in to post.

B&Bs in Rome

Help! Planning a last minute trip to Rome in about a month. Looking into B&Bs but am a bit overwhelmed. Would like to stay more in the center with easy access to train station as we will be going to Florence after a 2-day stop in Rome. Since we are only staying 2 nights, we're willing to go cheaper and that's why we were looking into B&Bs. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks =)

Posted by
929 posts

Clarify what a B&B means to you as opposed to a small, family run, single floor hotel in a building. B&B doesn't translate well, at least not to me, in Rome, inside the walls.

Posted by
111 posts

We stayed at Le Rose di Bl 2 mo ago, large clean room, 68 euro, 7 minute walk to Termini, around corner from metro station, elevator, A/C, skimpy breakfast, not fancy but good value for money.

Posted by
16 posts

Good question. I forgot that 'B&B' seems to mean something very different in Rome from what I'm used to. I'm used to a stand-alone home that serves a nicer breakfast (not in a hotel or apartment building) but in looking around, I realize that often a B&B in Rome is simply one floor of a building as opposed to the entire building. That's fine -- the main things we're looking for are location to be central to most major attractions as well as the train station. Since we are two females traveling alone, a safe area is important. Price range is around 80-100 Euro. Hope that helps and thanks for writing!

Posted by
1317 posts

If you don't mind rock-hard beds, and like breakfast in your room, consider Hotel Paba. Despite being called a hotel, it's only got 7 rooms, so it's one of those "single floor" hotels discussed earlier. It's around the corner from the Colosseum, and pretty close to the Cavour metro stop, which is one stop away from Termini station. The area was fine, and we got a discount for paying cash--cost us 90 euro a night.

Posted by
536 posts

hi Rebecca - I would suggest a Hotel BUT not just any hotel - Hotel Forte - a few hundred yards from The Spanish is excellent and fairly priced. In addition to that it is walking distance to Via Veneto, Trevi Fountain, Roman Forum, and has a multitude of excellent cafes and restaurants right off the streets adjacent to The Steps. NO CAB FARES - A Great saving. The train station is less than 5 minutes from The Hotel - You will, of course need a cab for that.
Emanuel and Emanuella are on the front desk and are extremely helpful in whatever you need.

Greg