Please sign in to post.

B&B in Rome

Planning my first trip to Rome with my husband for this october. Will like some help with finding a place to stay. I think a B&B will be nicer, and cheaper. so please help

thanks

Posted by
35 posts

My husband and I will be staying at Baldassini B&B in May. It gets great reviews on Tripadvisor. It's between the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.

Posted by
168 posts

Hi Shira,

I stayed at Le Finestre sul Vaticano B&B (www.romabandb.it) and I would recommend it.
Max & Lavinia are great hosts and have breakfast for you every morning. It's located near the Vatican and is in a safe neighborhood. It's also only a few blocks from the subway so it's easy to get to other parts of rome.

They were also very reasonable for price.

Have a great trip!

Posted by
132 posts

When my wife and I went to Rome for our wedding anniversary in Feb. 2009 we stayed at the Hotel Oceania. It was recommended in Rick's book and he stayed there in his travel video. I liked the location, the room and the price.

Posted by
74 posts

We'll be at the Nicolas Inn, near the Coloseum and Pantheon, in a couple weeks. Excellent reviews from Trip Advisor, and they have been SO helpful. They answer all my emails and questions very promptly. We are really looking forward to our stay there.

Posted by
409 posts

Lauren / Shira - Cannot say enough good things about the Nicolas Inn. Lauren, you're in for a treat. Melissa and Francois will do everything in their power to make your visit enjoyable. Last I looked, Nicolas Inn was the #2 rated B&B in Rome - for good reason. http://www.nicolasinn.com

If you're not set on staying in the city, we also loved Anne's Place B&B in Palestrina. About a 20-30 min. train ride (Anne will do everything to assist, including buying your ticket for you). Advantages - quite a bit cheaper and more relaxing out in the countryside. http://www.byanne.com

Posted by
65 posts

I would third Nicholas Inn. Francois and Mellissa are Great! We were there at the end of January and Loved the hosts, the place, and the location. It was new and up dated. They gave great recomendations for meals, sights, and transportation. Another great plus was that there was a laundry service a block away that wash dry and folded a load of laundry in 1.5 hours for 7 euro. This was great in the middle of our trip. Have a great time.

Posted by
74 posts

No matter how many great reviews I read, I just LOVE hearing more wonderful things about it!! We REALLY can't wait for our trip (13 days and counting...).

Posted by
1170 posts

Look into the Trastevere section of Rome. I have stayed at the Arco Del Lauro and the Arco Dei Tolomei, both in the same building. Both get high marks on TripAdvisor.com. I prefer the Arco Del Lauro for the price point.

Posted by
1018 posts

Last summer we stayed at the b&b Armonio All' Opera on Via Viminale across the street from the Roma Opera House and it was brand new and nice. We found it on venere.com, which is the European version of Expedia. I have used venere many times and it is very reliable with client reviews of properties.

Buon viaggio,

RB

Posted by
492 posts

We liked Navona Gallery Suites too. So quiet inside, just outside you have lots of action and the gelateria just down the way was fantastic!!!

Posted by
187 posts

We just stayed with Marco at aromabb.it We loved it. Not a typical B&B, you pretty much check in and then you're on your own. Daily cleaning and restocking of your fridge and supplies.

I highly recommend. We paid 100E per night for the Flowers room which had it's own terrace. Very quiet, spotlessly clean, and delightful service.

About 5 blocks from Termini (which has a great grocery store for evening picnics!).

Highly Highly Highly recommend.