Please sign in to post.

B&B in Florence

Any recommendations for a nice B&B near the sights in Florence
for 3 nights next May-thanks for any assistance.

Posted by
2261 posts

We liked Soggiorno Battistero very much, but it may not be for everyone. It's RS recommended (at least it was two years ago), right on Piazza San Giovanni, our window looked directly on to the Baptistery and the Duomo. There is a lot of activity on the square at nearly all hours, however the rooms are converted to double pane windows and have heavy, solid wood shutters on the interior to block light and noise too. Third or fourth floor. Clean, simple room, with a modest breakfast brought to your room each morning at the time you specify. Right in the thick of it-excellent. He is Italian, she is an American expat, no language barrier at all.

The view from our room, with the Baptistery out the window, Duomo just to the right.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187895-d263612-Reviews-Soggiorno_Battistero-Florence_Tuscany.html

Posted by
752 posts

I always use
www.bedandbreakfast.it
It's in Italian, but many hosts know English. Lots of pictures, and typing in a point of interest you want to be close to will list up all the B and Bs nearby, starting with the nearest.

Posted by
4152 posts

We just came back from 3 nights in Florence and used Marbo B&B. Nice, big rooms. Very close to the sites.

Donna

Posted by
145 posts

We stayed 2 nights last week at First of Florence - used booking.com. It was wonderful - on a street that runs between Duomo and Accademia and has the most delightful staff!

I would also look on the other side of the Arno for accomodations. Many of the RS restaurants are over there and I really enjoyed wandering those areas.