Please sign in to post.

B&B/Hotel Accomodations for Sorrento late Sept 2011

I am travelling to Italy the end of September and am looking for accomodations in Sorrento for one person. Any recommendations for a clean B&B or hotel? Thanks!

Posted by
115 posts

Hi Jacqueline: I have never been to southern Italy, however, I have corresponded with this lady in the past about her accomodations & other people have raved about it on this site. You should note though, that her accommodation is in Salerno, not Sorrento. That being said, the prices are fantastic. You also get a built in guide! I'm not sure that Dianne - originally from Toronto - is still in business as I could not find her by Google, but this is the last email addy I have: [email protected] I do know she is close enough to go to Pompei on a day trip as well as travel other areas along the coast.
Good luck!

Posted by
11357 posts

Have you looked at Trip Advisor or in Rick Steves' Italy book for soem suggested places to start? I usually start with a Rick recommendation, then research it in Trip Advisor to see what other travelers have to say. TA often results in other recommendations I follow.

Posted by
23 posts

We stayed 2 nights in Sorrento in October 2010 at il Roseto B&B which had a delightful breakfast served in their beautiful private garden, with delicious cappuccinos, fresh squeezed OJ, and fresh rolls, yogurt, ham and cheese, cereals, and hard-boiled eggs. It was quiet, clean, comfortable and cost under 100 euros, but there wasn't a sea view. I found it on TripAdvisor.