Please sign in to post.

Average visitors by month to Venice?

I asked this question before, but the Forum website never notified me of responses. So asking again.

Basically, I want to find out how early in the fall the Venice crowds really diminish. Not sure if this is early October, late October, early November, late November?

And also, how late in spring the crowds are still small: late March, early April, late April, early May?

Ideally, I like an estimate of people in Venice by day of the day of the year. But answers to the queries above will solve my issue.

Thanks.

Posted by
6113 posts

Sorry, but why would you think that members of this forum would know how many visitors there are for all 365 days of the year? I would respectfully suggest that Google may give you a better answer.

I was there in January and the crowds were absent. A week later was Carnivale when it would have been packed.

Posted by
23574 posts

The OP had excellent responses to the first question (1/2//2019) with good information. That should have answered his question to the best of this site's ability. I am not sure why the question is being asked again nine months later.

Posted by
11294 posts

"I asked this question before, but the Forum website never notified me of responses."

To make sure you are getting e-mail notifications of replies on threads you started, make sure you are logged in on this Forum. On the upper right, go to My Account and choose Travel Forum. Scroll down to the bottom and select My Settings, then make sure "Email me when a user replies to my topics?" is checked.

To find all threads you have participated in, you don't even need to be logged in. Just click on your name, and select "View tecsi's Posting History." When I do that, I quickly find your old thread:

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/italy/average-visitors-by-month-to-venice

Posted by
525 posts

Our favourite month to travel anywhere in Europe is October. Less crowds & nice weather. I'd avoid Venice in November as it can rain a lot and you could be walking in angle deep water in Plazza San Marco.
J