Please sign in to post.

Audience with the Pope

I am sorry for all of the endless questions - I'm trying to finish up this last leg of our trip.

I have faxed and received confirmation for our tickets on April 28th for an audience with the Pope. I know I need to go pick up my tickets in the morning. From what I can gather, the audience typically begins around 10am. Can anyone tell me how long it will last? We are not touring the Vatican on this day, will that make a difference? We are planning on touring ancient Rome once we are done. Is that easily doable? I had already booked our Vatican tour for a differnt day.

Thanks aa always

Posted by
322 posts

We did this ten years ago, when JPII was pope. I think the audience lasted about two hours. I remember that we went to mass in St. Peter's shortly after the audience and then spent the afternoon at the Forum. Your plan should definitely be doable. We even went back to our hotel between the audience and touring to change.

Posted by
97 posts

Thanks HK - that's kinda what I was looking for - just a ballpark...2 hours huh? I wonder if the 10 yr olds will behave that long! ha ha...Sunday mass they can do, but even during Easter & Christmas mass' that tend to be a little longer, I can see the eyes wandering and the attention span waning....

Posted by
10344 posts

Here's a link to prior discussions had here re attending the general mass audience with the Pope--browsing these discussions should give you additional info re some of your questions:

click here

Posted by
49 posts

What part of "Ancient Rome" do you want to see?

Posted by
97 posts

Thansk Kent - I can never get the search to work for me - those are just the answers I wanted.

Posted by
97 posts

Chris - We'd like to spend the remainder of the day visiting the COlosseum, Forum, Palatine Hill - our hotel is close to the colosseum, so my plan was to spend whatever time was left seeing as much as we could. The following day (Thursday) we have a 1/2 day Vatican Tour booked. If the Pope doesn't start until 11 I'm afraid we won't have very much daylight time at the other places. I may have to rethink the plan.