Please sign in to post.

Atm question

I am a first time traveler to Europe and was wondering if there is an ATM at the airport in Florence? My bank does not get Euros so was wondering about accessing money to pay cab etc?

Posted by
4 posts

Ken, thanks for the info. I looked at the site and it's very intense. We are taking a cab/shuttle from airport to hotel or bus, we don't know which. What do we have to do in these cases. Also, taking train to Venice for 30th anniversary. We buy the ticket and validate only before using it?

Posted by
20067 posts

If your taking a fast train to Venice, you'll have an exact seat reservation, so you don't need to validate it. The conductor will come by and check your ticket.

Posted by
23261 posts

The only tickets you validate is Regional trains. How do you tell? If you tickets assigns you to a specific time, specific train, specific carriage or train car and a specific seat, then that ticket is ONLY good for that train at that time. A validation is just a time stamp on a ticket that starts the life of the ticket which is generally six hours for shorter trips and only used with regional trains with no seat reservation.

Posted by
1212 posts

Hi Dennis. Yup, easy to find. On your left side in the main hallway before you get to the exit doors. If you don't see it, just ask. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
11613 posts

Tickets that require validation have the phrase "Biglietto Treno Ordinario Da Convalidare" across the top of the ticket; you put the ticket into the blue/gray machine (some old machines are yellow) at the platform.

Posted by
7737 posts

And the Italian word for ATM is "bancomat". Pronounced as it's spelled.