Please sign in to post.

AT&T International Day Pass

Has anyone used this service from AT&T? If so, what was your experience with it?

I've looked at getting a sim card while I am in Italy, but if I can use my regular phone, I'd rather do that. I want to be able to call and text back to the US, and not have to use an app to do it.

I will also be staying a few days in London, and I don't believe I can use a Tim card there...

Posted by
8866 posts

Sure, lots of previous threads on this. Whether its worth it at $10/day (24 hours) depends on how much you're going to use your phone. We managed to avoid using it at all (except for one day) on our last trip, by doing all communicating by wifi. If you are going to use your phone daily, then that will add up to quite a bit. The big disadvantage to me of getting a local SIM is that you don't have your US phone number, so you have to share your new European number with everyone you might call or get a call from.

Posted by
3961 posts

We will be using this AT&T service on an upcoming trip only as a back up if needed. We have found that using wifi and WhatsApp works fine for our needs.

Posted by
1028 posts

I travel to and from Europe a couple of times a year and I prefer to get an AT&T plan. For a 10 day trip (without wifi access) I will pay the $10.00 a day for the same unlimited service I have now. For extended times in Europe, I tend to use the At&T passport plan which starts at $60.00 for a specific amount of data. I used this plan on my last trip and it just lasted me the 3 weeks. (I had on and off wifi access depending on where I was staying). you can always increase you "passport plan" to the next level if you need to during your trip. You will get a message at 80 percent usage from At&T.

Margaret