Please sign in to post.

Assisi

Does anyone have a recommendation for a great hotel in Assisi? My husband and I will be staying there for one night. Thank you so much!

Posted by
1 posts

have you checked tripadvisor.com? I used them for my travel plans to italy and had great luck.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for your advice. I just looked into trip advisor and found a hotel. Thank you!

Posted by
50 posts

My friend and I stayed outside Assisi in Santa Maria degli Angeli in Assisi at the Hotel and Restaurant Elda. We were there in April 2009 so we were able to take advantage of lower rates. The rooms are quite attractive and large and price at that time was around 55 euros..we each had a room (and the bathroom was large and beautiful and clean). That price also included a wonderful breakfast in a large room and there were many people from other countries also. We left our car there and were able to catch the local bus (stop is a few steps from the hotel) to Assisi and drops you off at the church or wherever you want to go up there. The restaurant is very good with many local dishes also. Also the little town of Santa Maria degli Angeli is also very sweet to roam around in...I wish we had stayed longer. If you need more information, you may contact me via my email. Mary Floridia-Rankin

Posted by
3112 posts

I stayed at La Pallotta last year and really liked it. Rooms are a decent size and very clean. Rates are quite reasonable and guests get a 10% discount at their excellent nearby restaurant. Location is close to the main square, but just far enough away to be peaceful.

Posted by
2 posts

We stayed at Hotel Ideale a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Our large room had a balcony with a great view. The room was cheap (75 euros) and came with a great breakfast that we took on the terrace. It was very clean, with a/c and an in-room refrigerator. Very good location also if you are coming to Assisi by train. Cheers.

Posted by
2023 posts

We liked Hotel Umbra which overlooked the walled garden of the convent. Rooms were large and nicely appointed and breakfast was very good. Would stay there again for sure.

Posted by
20 posts

www.assisihotelsole.com We stayed in this very charming hotel in July, and loved it! We asked for a view room, and got a beautiful view of St. Catherine's square, and a little private deck overlooking the town, toward sunset. Had to climb some stairs to get there, but it was well worth it. A very nice breakfast was provided in their lovely restaurant, too. Highly recommended.