Please sign in to post.

Art tours in Rome and Florence 2022

My husband and I are booked for Rick’s Croatia tour next June and plan to spend a week in Italy beforehand to see famous sites and museums with guides. If you have used guides in these cities, please let me know your impression. We have been to Rome and Florence several times and seen the most well known works, but after many zoom art history classes, we want to really see and learn.
Thanks

Posted by
585 posts

Francisca Caruso is a great guide, I had the pleasure of visiting the Borghese Gallery on an RS tour with her., also San Clemente church, the Colosseum and forum, and on another trip the Roman Ghetto. She has a background in Art history as well as Roman history and is fluent in English. As well as acting as a local guide for RS tours, she does private guiding if time permits. If she can’t do it she will recommend someone else. Her email [email protected] (from the 2010 Rome Guide so you might want to check that it is still current),

Posted by
4 posts

We will be in Rome the end of April next year. We will have 2-1/2 days in Rome. We would like to get one of those early morning (before it opens) tour of the Vatican. Who do you recommend?
thanks

Posted by
2191 posts

Francesca was booked already when we were in Rome, but she recommended Sonia Tavoletta. She was marvelous.