Please sign in to post.

Arezzo

I am looking to get to a small village outside of Arezzo called Busone … I will train in from Florence
Has anyone been there and are taxis available ?

Posted by
397 posts

Perhaps you mean Di Bucine which is south of Florence between Montivarchi/Levane and Arezzo.

Should that be the case then there is a train station about 2 kilometres south after Montivarchi at Bucine. If operational then all you need to do is get off and walk up into the village. Cannot be more specific as I always lease cars and only use the train sparingly and know next to nothing about the train timetables here. Vague recollections of driving through the village in 2018.

Regards Ron

Posted by
4 posts

No for sure it’s Busone and I confirmed it with a winery in the area thanks 10 minutes outside Arezzo

Posted by
2479 posts

My online map shows a town called Busone, but it’s a ways away from Arezzo - fairly close to Parma. Is it possible that that’s what you’re looking for? The nearest town to it that you can reach by train is Fiorenzuola d’Arda, from which you could take a taxi, presumably.

Posted by
1026 posts

Hello jbusone, and welcome to the forum!

I do see the tiny hamlet of Busone just north of Arezzo surrounded by olive trees. According to Google transit it looks like there are some bus options from Arezzo or you would have to take a taxi. Calling for getting a taxi back might be a challenge since it doesn't look like a place taxis hang around.

According to Google your best option is to take the S bus to Sc Puglia - Bivio in about 20 minutes which is nearby and walk about .75 miles to the town. The road seems pleasant but some of it seems less pedestrian friendly than you might want, but also looks like there's probably not too much traffic.

The bus leaves from the huge traffic circle in the middle of downtown Arezzo just up from the train station. Google and Moovit seem to have some disagreement about the exact route of the bus. Local bus routes - even intercity ones - can be a struggle from outside Italy to figure out - especially if you don't speak Italian. The good news it that the road to the town is just off the most northern street heading out of Arezzo -Ex SP della Catona - so there are some bus options that can get you close if not right there.

Here is a moovit link to the S bus.
https://moovitapp.com/index/en/public_transit-line-s-Firenze-2022-2953373-95819612-0

Here is the local Autolinee Toscane bus travel planner: https://www.at-bus.it/en
To me it looks like your closest stops are: Sp Tregozzano 83 V. Scolari or Sp Catona Opp 83/R or the next stops up the road. If you can find acceptable routes to those stops you'll still have a walk

You may have to wait until you're there to confirm some of the details, unfortunately. Maybe you could contact the tourist office or some other local source like where you're staying to get specific information since Google and Moovit seem to disagree on route. Autolinee Toscane is the official source but their travel planner can be a challenge. Google transportation has worked well for me in larger cities but I don't know about rural schedules.

Is this a return to the old country family town?

Hope that helps,
=Tod

Here is a crazy Google Maps link that shows the exit sign pointing to Busone - hope it works for you:
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.5050037,11.8877848,3a,75y,122.01h,89.01t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sRvIoFJ3aJFENoyOZFZfyFg!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DRvIoFJ3aJFENoyOZFZfyFg%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D140.34233%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Posted by
15829 posts

I know the area as some of my family are in the area, although not Busone proper.
It's a small place with just a handful of houses. If you plan to stay there rent a car.
If it's just a visit (maybe your family comes from there since you have the same last name), take a taxi from Arezzo.
You can can call a taxi to get back to Arezzo, although it might cost a bit.

Posted by
4045 posts

If you are going to visit the village with your family name you’d need to plan a return pick up carefullly. If you are going to visit the winery what is their suggestion for getting there without a car? I know there are taxis at Arezzo and that a fare is about 50€ for the one way distance you describe. Perhaps the winery would call a taxi to take you back to the Arezzo station or you could arrange for your taxi driver to pick you after a specific amount of time for a price?

Posted by
4 posts

I am specifically going to the cemetery there and will take a taxi from the train station and have them wait for me Thanks for the information very helpful
How do I close this topic