Please sign in to post.

Apartments in Rome

My friends and I (total of 4) will be in Rome the beginning of September/October for 5 nights and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an apartment. I'm drawn to the Campo De Fiori and Trastevere. Any advice or recommendations?

Posted by
565 posts

Hi Pam. Do you have a budget in mind? I think you might like the Campo location more than Trastevere for 5 nights but you can usually get more for the $ in Trastevere.

Posted by
11322 posts

Lots of options on vrbo.com, homelidays.com and sleepinitaly.com. CdF area is more convenient overall than Trastever, IMHO.

Posted by
17 posts

Thanks for your quick replies and for the advice on CDF. Will try those websites!

Posted by
37 posts

Just returned from two weeks in Italy including three days in Rome. Would heartily recommend the following apartment in the Trastevere area: http://www.vrbo.com/289229
It's in a vibrant but quiet area with many cafes and restaurants, convenient grocery shopping, and a 35 minute walk to the Vatican/25 minutes to the Colisseum. Includes two bedrooms/two baths and a terrace.

Posted by
782 posts

My family of four stayed in apartment Balestrari, only steps away from Campo dei Fiori, this past July. It's a nice 2 bedroom apartment. It cost 160 euro per night. We booked thru www.sleepinitaly.com This company was wonderful to work with and only charge a 10% initial deposit. They are very reliable, don't hesitate to use them. They have lots of apartments in Rome to choose from.

Posted by
2207 posts

Like Kerry, we recently rented an apartment in Rome through sleepinitaly. We had only a limited time and wanted to stay in our old neighborhood - they had the best options for us. For info on our stay and some "helpful hints" on renting an apartment in Rome, see this article: Our Recent Apartment Booking in Rome.

Posted by
17 posts

Once again thanks for your recommendations! I have been checking into them and feel much more confident about renting an apartment in Rome!