Please sign in to post.

apartments in Rome

We will be in Rome the summer of 09. With great thanks to this helpline, we found an apartment in Paris with Vacation in Paris based on advice from fellow forum members.

I hope you can help me again. We will be in Rome for a week and would like to rent an apartment. Can anyone suggest a company or apartment that they have used? We have two children (10 and 12) and would like to be in the center of things, safe area, and AC is a must.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Viv

Posted by
3 posts

My wife and I use vrbo.com for many of our vacations and have never had a bad experience. There are hundreds of choices and you can sort by neighborhoods. We are staying at an apartment next to Piazza Novana in September. make sure you read the reviews for the rental to get an idea of other visitor's experiences.

Posted by
129 posts

Hi Viv - we booked an apartment through http://www.romanreference.com/ based on a lot of very positive reviews on this forum. (vrbo.com is another one that is well-recognized, and we booked a Florence apartment through that site.)

We have not gone on our trip yet - that won't happen until next month. But I'll be posting feedback on all the services and places when I get back, so if you haven't made a choice by then, hopefully my information will help you out.

In the mean time look over http://www.romanreference.com - it's a nice site with lots of information about the various apartments.

Posted by
2297 posts

Tim,

I tried the website but only get to see a picture and an address. Is there any info online available on price, number of beds etc?

Posted by
8663 posts

I found a fabulous rome apartment on RomeBy.com which was a recommend on Rick's Graffiti Wall. The apartment in the old Jewish Ghetto of Rome was fabulous.
Ideally located. Exactly as the pictures depicted. Quiet. Safe. Good price. The host was gracious and helpful. Loved every minute I was there and plan to return to it, Rome and Italy very soon.