Please sign in to post.

Apartment in Rome?

I'm looking to rent an apartment in Rome for a week in the spring. I don't need a lot of space and would be happy with a studio-type apartment; I'd just like to have something with a small kitchen or kitchenette, safe, clean and in a good area near the subway. Money is not really an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to find something, or suggestions for specific places? I've done Airbnb many times but have had some iffy experiences--including one place in Ireland where I couldn't access the key-- and don't want to take any chances as a woman traveling alone.

Posted by
1046 posts

I use vrbo.com in Rome every year. Their system has always made me feel comfortable, especially now that payments are not in cash (except the tax) but are handled through your credit card. For me the area around Piazza Navona is the most convenient but I have seen plenty of beautiful apartments listed for other parts of the city. Their system allows you to build a list of interesting places to chose from. The list keeps you informed if any place is rented out from under you. Happy hunting.

Posted by
7737 posts

Is there a particular reason you want to be near the subway? It's not particularly helpful for the historic center and you might find that buses, taxis or even just walking would be better. Plus, being above ground lets you see where you are.

Best wishes.

Posted by
2 posts

I just want to be near the subway because the last time I was in Rome I was wishing I was closer to the subway. It's not absolutely necessary. Thanks for asking.

Posted by
2047 posts

Testaccio is close to the subway station at Pyramid. Also, tram 3 runs through it, and there are many buses.

Posted by
620 posts

Hi HTW,
A well-researched apartment in Monti would place the renter within walking distance of The Forum et al. Maybe something to consider?
Good luck!
I am done. The end.

Posted by
245 posts

I used VRBO for a place last month - I stayed in an apartment in Trastevere (Bonosa 31) which was a location I really enjoyed (but not need the subway). I am a woman travelling alone and had no concerns.

Posted by
3110 posts

https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/around-the-corner-colosseo.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173bo-1FCA4oggI46AdICVgDaCeIAQGYAQm4ARfIAQ7YAQHoAQH4AQaIAgGYAiGoAgO4AubPmeYFwAIB;sid=96c2a7f78778837f224f0470e0292544;srpvid=dac5825270ab000b&

A long link, but my friend and I stayed here for 3 nights this past September and loved it.
It's billed as a B and B, but is really one small apartment, it has a roomy kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, fridge and a table and chairs.
No stove top, as apparently it's forbidden by this class of accommodation.
There is an easy chair in the hall, and a huge bedroom, and nice new bathroom with a washing machine which I'm sure they will let you use.
All super clean and comfy.
It's run by two delightful sisters who live in the building.
They could not do enough for us, we loved them!
Walking distance from Termini, and a subway stop. (Forget the name, I think it was the Vittorio Emmanuele stop.)
I would stay there again with no hesitation.
Felt very safe, and lots of restaurants, bus stops, little shops, phone shops, cafes nearby.

Posted by
11315 posts

Take a look at Palazzo Olivia. It is near Piazza Navona and very convenient to major bus lines as well as eminently walkable to many sites.

Posted by
153 posts

I sent a private message about an apartment I recently rented near the Vatican.