Please sign in to post.

Apartment in Rome

We (4 people) will be staying 5 nights in Rome, so we are considering renting an apartment. Any suggestions?
Thank you, Diane

Posted by
1446 posts

Hi Diane. We stayed at the Palazzo Olivia apartments and loved them. The location was excellent; it was between Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori. It's tucked away on a small and quiet street yet it's very close to the Vittorio Emmanuele Blvd where you will find a taxi stand, bus stops, bank/ atm machines, etc. If you walk the opposite direction, you will come to a great little street full of restaurants, shops, gelateria's, etc. The location just can't be beat. The apartment we stayed in was called "Basilio" and it was very comfortable and quiet. It had AC which worked very well as well as a ceiling fan in the bedroom which we used at night. It was spacious and clean. We had no complaints. The other nice thing about the apartment building is that it has an elevator which many buildings in Rome do not have. Something to keep in mind in your apartment search is that what the Italians call the first floor is what we consider to be the 2nd floor. So, our 3rd floor apartment is what they would consider the 2nd floor. Having an elevator came in handy for getting our luggage to our apartment. The web site is: http://www.palazzo-olivia.it/ Have a great trip.

Posted by
158 posts

i'm staying in an apartment in rome this coming christmas for the first time. i found our place on vrbo.com

Posted by
782 posts

I'm staying in the same apartment mentioned by Michele above (Balestrari), next July; but I found the apartment on www.sleepinitaly.com It has some steps as it's on the 1st floor (actual 2nd floor) but the location looks great. It rents for only 160 euro per night and sleeps five. Thru the website I indicated, they are charge a 10% deposit (but it is not refundable if you cancel).

Posted by
11333 posts

I can second the endorsement of Palazzo Olivia. Spent 5 nights there in October and the location was PERFECT, price was excellent. 20 minute walk to St. Peter's, 20 minutes to the Colosseum, tram to Trastevere just a short walk away, affordable restaurants nearby, and yet a quiet and relaxing retreat. We were in the Berta, the smallest apartment. The taxi from Termini was 15 euros, otherwise we took publich transportation or walked everywhere. They have WIFI, too, for a reasonable fee. Do contact Carla and see what she can out together for you.

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you all, your input is what I was hoping to find to help make our decision. Diane